Reduce Waste in Your Neighborhood
Your recycling efforts don’t have to be confined to inside your home and with your family. There are a variety of ways to get out and become active in your neighborhood and in your community. You can become a recycling expert and join our Block Leader Program.
What is a Block Leader?
Recycling Block Leaders are neighborhood waste reduction and recycling experts. They are enthusiastic about recycling and want to help Glendale Recycle Right. In 2010, the City of Glendale adopted a “Zero Waste Plan”, which includes a goal of 75% waste diversion by 2020 and 90% by 2025. We need your help to achieve this goal.
Block Leader Skills
- Knowledge of materials collected in the City’s Recycling Program
- Familiarity with the Glendale Recycling Center, which is available for CRV redemption and electronics drop-off
- Ability to answer unusual household item disposal questions (carpet, mattresses, household hazardous waste, etc.)
Block Leader Requirements
- Interest in recycling and waste reduction
- Neighborhood connection
- Willingness to send a recycling email (created by the City) a few times a year to remind participating neighbors about waste diversion
- Ability to attend an annual meeting to provide the City feedback
For more information about joining the Block Leader Program, call (818)-548-3916. You can sign up to be a block leader here.
Working together to reduce waste is easy. Check out some of our other information about the Glendale Recycling Center and additional resources to help you Recycle Right.